Saturday 7 April 2012

A Hindu itself is the threat to the Hinduism.

By reading the title itself sure the readers will have the thought that I have frustrated with a bunch of Hindu people who spoiling the Hinduism in the name of religion. Do not worry, I'm not a Hindu fanatic as well however I had born as a Hindu. If people from other religion can speak about Hindu, so I do have all my rights to speak about my own religion. Why all of sudden I'm telling a Hindu itself is the threat to the Hinduism? It is very simple, not also Hindu people know well about their religion. It includes me as well.

Of course, some people can fight back to me and say "How you know?, I have been practicing this religion since my great-great-grand father". I'll ask 1 question only, is the way you practicing is the absolutely correct way? I have been going going to temple from very young age and have been participate in the religious activities for some time. Through out my experience among people who visits the temple, the way they pray to the Lord is unique and different among people. Before I start ask which praying method is correct, I want to ask a few ground rules.

"How many times should we pray in a day?"

"When shall we visit to temple?"

I'm not asking the "why" question here. For this type of questions, I should be expecting answers in numerical form for instance, "we shall pray twice a day" & "visit temple every Friday". Do you will agree with my suggested answers? If not, so you know the exact number of time to pray in a day and how many time to visit the temple? And, are you absolutely sure with your answer? What makes you very sure with your answer? Is there any written material or anything to prove your answer?

So, by now you should have some idea how we ourselves going to be threat to Hinduism. Yeah, we do not know basic thing in Hinduism for sure. Let say, another religion person called up 10 Hindu people and ask these two questions? What kind of answers you expecting from these 10 people? On other aspect, what that other religion person will think? Now for sure we will start to blame our ancestor for not doing proper documentation for future reference. Is that truly their fault for not doing proper documentation or our fault for ignore it and follow our on style?

Come to think of it, is there really any ground rules for Hinduism? I have a friend who are very interested in Hinduism where he willing to go India for sake to get the knowledge of Hinduism. He one explained to me in very simple manner about the temple visiting concept. Have you read, watched, or listened the story of 'Mahabharata', 'Ramayana' and some other related ancient stories? In those stories, did they ever mention the temple concept even slightly? None. Why such a important stories in our religion does not mention anything about the temples? Some of us might say the characters are the avatar of God or the Demi-God and that is why they do not go temple.

According to his understanding, people that time pray to God in meditation. They have strong spiritual energy where they can concentrate that energy to the meditation. I would say good ideology and I do not have any reason to object it either. Now you must thinking that I would say that we should stop going to temple and concentrate on meditation. Do not worry, I would never say that because as I mention earlier I lack of knowledge in Hinduism. Even, I have posted an article about '3S Rules' where the reasons for visits temple. That would be a proof how lack is my knowledge about my own religion.

So, what am I trying to say here? Quite easy, I believed that being a Hindu you have vast freedom to explore and get to know about our religion. So, please do not just follow any practices just because you have been doing it for years or because your family has doing it for generations. Get to know the purpose of doing it rather just follow it blindly. And guys, always remember that in order to seek knowledge, we must clear our 'cup' first.

Lastly, I'm not going to be embarrassed if you do not know about our religion. Being a Hindu and you do not know about Hinduism, the only one that should be embarrassed is you alone and bear in mind that you could be a threat to the Hinduism some day. I'm not saying we all need to change or unite to build up the glory of Hinduism. Hinduism already survives so many century and it might survive another longer period. What I'm concern is we being a Hindu and shall not divert the real purpose of Hinduism and passing the wrong information to the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment