Tuesday 27 March 2012

What Happening To Our SPM Indian Student???

Last Sunday (25/3/2012), I went to a program in Skudai, Johor called Santhani Suvadugal which was for Indian students with SPM results. The program main objective is to prepare a guideline for those students what to do next after SPM. I was one of the facilitator of the program.

What makes me shocked is the Indian students result were so bad where there a few students failed in all subjects or just passed one or two papers. And I'm talking about pass, not the pass with credit. The worse part, there are also some girls with similar results. I'm not being sexism here but a girl with those results, what you gonna do next? Marriage? A boy still can end up in technical works such as mechanic, air-cond service, and some more. What a girl will able to do in that category? There is a phrase, 'If a boy study, he will survive; but if a girl study, her generation will survive'.

I got one question for those who get very bad result in SPM, what have you guys did for the past 2 years? No matter how stupid or how slow progress a person also, if they tried a little, they could have at least obtained credits for all subjects. There is no such thing as I'm not the book type. Fuck You!!! Just read, memorise and answer. So most the questions are repetition. Even that also you guys can't, what else you aspect you able to do?

I will never blame parents for their not performing children. Whether the parents are well educated or uneducated, what can they do to their not performing children. However, first education starts from the home which is behaviour education. How parents behave in home, children will try to adapt it. If parents won't touch a single book even the newspaper at home, don't aspect your kids to do the opposite thing.

There are also top scoring students at the program but the purpose they came is to clarify certain things only. None of them came to me and ask, "Na, I got straight A's but I don't what to do." They have several paths to go and ask how the path will be like. I helped them based on my experience. And guys, don't bullshit to me about the quota system about other race did worse than us but still get better chances. Things are already been like this for more than half century. If you want go change the system first than only focus about you, please go ahead.

You can ask me, "So, what you suggest to do about this?". My answer will be, "I don't know". I'm not a fanatic about Indian race either way. I'm just telling what I have seen. For those who read this article should know what to do so that either you, your siblings, or your kids will not fall into not performing students.

A raindrop on ocean will not cause anything, but a drop in the glass of water will cause several ripples.

7 comments:

  1. A thoroughly written expression of a responsible Indian I presume..Inevitably, a question arises, can explanation be given for the last quote, which I assume originated from the writer himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother, I'm referring the society as ocean. A person is the raindrop. Glass of water is a home. Rest, you figure out.

      Delete
    2. how did you know beezkud is a brother??it could be sister, aunty or granpa...

      Delete
    3. I knew well who is beezkud..

      Delete
  2. The justification is lucid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When there is a will,then only you can see the way...if all the students had a will sure they would have succeed...parent plays an important role in it.they should be the role model for their children.just by telling children 'study and study' without setting an example,things not gonna work here.parents should know where you kids are after school and their academic performance..

    For students appreciate your parents sacrifices for you.tat itself a motivation for you to study...well for me tat is the motivation since school time til now.it really helps..our community need to change..people should not look down on us anymore..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When there is a will, there is a way.. Nice one..

      Delete